Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Malaysian English Best Lah!

 
Who says our English is teruk?
(Teruk means terrible.)
See evidence below.
Ours is simple, short, concise, straight-to-the-point and effective.
 

WHEN GIVING A CUSTOMER BAD NEWS
Britons: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.
Malaysians: No stock.
 
RETURNING A CALL
Britons: Hello, this is John Smith. Did anyone call for me a few moments ago?
Malaysians: Hello, who call?

ASKING SOMEONE TO MAKE WAY
Britons: Excuse me, I would like to get by. Would you please make way?
Malaysians: S-kew me.

WHEN ASKING FOR PERMISSION
Britons: Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to enter through this door?
Malaysians: Woi, Can go in ah?
WHEN DOUBTING SOMEONE Britons: I don't recall you giving me the money.
Malaysians: Where got?
WHEN DECLINING AN OFFER
Britons: I would prefer not to do that, if you don't mind.
Malaysians: Don't want lah.

WHEN ASKING SOMEONE TO LOWER THEIR VOICE
Britons: Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice? I'm trying to concentrate over here.
Malaysians: Quite lah!


WHEN ASSESSING A TIGHT SITUATION
Britons: We seem to be in a bit of a predicament at the moment..
Malaysians: Die lah!!

WHEN SOMEONE DID SOMETHING WRONGBritons: This isn't the way to do it. Here, let me show you.
Malaysians: Like that also don't know!
And this is my contribution:
When politicians talk to you
Britons: Ladies and gentlemen, may I urge you to vote for me?
Malaysians: You scratch my back, I scratch your back!

And best, to argue or quarrel, use Singlish:

 

1 comment:

monsterball said...

Are they acting or for real?
It's in a bus and they are quarreling like that?
Never seen it before.
Some Malaysians women have changed to be very fierce.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails