Saturday, March 14, 2009

Want to get rid of mosquitoes?

Just received this from the email. I'm going to give it a try.

Below is the "copy & paste" information:

[Mosquito control technique - useful tip!

The mosquito control technique but instead of using Lemon Fresh Joy, i used Harimau Kuat Lemon flavoured dish wash liquid (yellow bottle and about RM2.80) and..... it actually works.

Thanks to my niece. It's cheapand non poisonous like Ridsect of Fumakilla and the others. Finally, found this simple home tip:-You have a lot of mosquitoes in your bedroom? Try this.

Mosquito Treatment: So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes. Here's atip that was given at a recent gardening forum.

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fr R Set the dish on your porch, patio, picnic table, park bench, or other outdoor area.

Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate colour, or what.BUT ... mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate.

TRY IT--- it works just superb! It may seem trivial, but it may alsohelp to control mosquitoes around your home, (especially in areas where the West Nile virus is reaching epidemic proportions in mosquitoes, birds, and humans).Pass this on to anyone who likes sitting out in the evening, or when they're having a cook out. ]

11 comments:

CheaHSan said...

At last you have restored your phone line back to normal and would see you active again. Cheers

Unknown said...

My dear friend,

No line yet. I am now using the net from an internet cafe.

romerz said...

Justin,

Maybe the mozzies in my apartment are smarter. No takers yet to lemon juice after a few days! (My wife thinks I'm nuts!)

Actually nothing much to say except to 'touch base' with you. Hope your new house is up to your expectations after the long wait.

I'll probably make at least 1 trip to Bukit Gantang and Bukit Selambau closer to the by-elections. Will email you if you are interested to join in.

Take my friend.

romerz said...

Oops. Meant to say take care.

Unknown said...

Romerz,

I am typing on a filthy keyboard at an internet cafe. This time my electrician has delayed my internet connection. He is in Kelantan until Monday. For whatever reason he did not pull out the telephone line from my house for the TM people to connect the line.

Hope next monday I shall be back in action again; and to share the frustrating experience of the saga of my house.

As for mozzies, I have no time to experiment; but you know suckers are born every split second. Looks like we have been conned again maybe by the Harimau company!!

Hahahaha!!

Anonymous said...

i tried with lemon handwash but no takers.. Mosquitoes still buzzing around.. Maybe need a dish wash and not a hand wash.

I really do not know the difference between a hand wash and a dish wash but apparently mosquitoes can.

Congratulations for moving to your new home!!

Justin Choo said...

Dr Hsu,

Thank you for felicitations. I am back in action today, but will take some time to regain momentum because still much to be done to the new home.
It takes a genius to differentiate between a "hand wash" and a "dish wash". Handwash is for the hands and dishwash is for the dishes!!!
Hahahaha!

Jokes aside, handwash should be milder than dishwash.

Kim said...

May I suggest a funny way to get rid of mosquitoes……?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21kF4vS-GSA

Kim

A true Malaysian said...

Justin, Dr. Hsu & romerz,

Mosquito netting is the long term answer to get rid of mosquitoes. I fixed them long time ago for bed rooms, and recently whole house. Just can't bear with these mozzies.

I observed some practising Buddhists don't kill mozzies eventhough the insects rest on their bodies (where they have all the chances to give it a 'slap') they just 'fan' the mozzies away.

So, good point for fixing mosquito netting is it doesn't involve killing. Good for kamma?

Justin Choo said...

A true Malaysian,

I will be putting up the self-adhesive netting on my room and toilet windows in due course.

John Grehhem said...

Anyone here use Mosquito Bits to prevent mosquitos? How it's work?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails